Check out Miho Museum website http://www.miho.or.jp/english/
It a beautifully designed museum with carefully selected works of art antiques, which shows as everything was an amazing example. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to take photos.
My final pieces
My Japanese fox, the folklores tell of stories where they shape shift into beautiful women in kimonos. I always wondered where they got the kimonos from so I got the idea of their ability to change a rag of cloth into a decorated kimono
Kintaro, a famous folk-tale character also called 'Golden Boy'. A well know story is where he wrestles with a giant carp under a waterfall, who has eathen his mother. I was attracted to the idea of the tension before the fight and the thoughts going on inside. Being in Shigaraki and having been surrounded by the park, mountains and waterfalls I have really come to appreciate it, and it was this very Japanese feeling towards nature that Kintaro represents and I wanted to make something to remember that.
No comments:
Post a Comment